Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chocolate Chip cookies!!

Yesterday I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies! I made them very slowly and without a mixer. It was hard work. I used the Toll House Recipe. My poor hot oven, it's hard to get the temperature right.






Toll-House Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt (omitted)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips(I used 3/4 of a large bag for a double recipe)
1 cup chopped nuts (omitted)

Combine: flour, baking soda, and salt, in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips (and nuts).
Refrigerate for an hour until chilled, and preheat the oven (15 minutes before the hour is up). Put about a rounded teaspoon of dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes until golden brown. Cool on wire racks or paper bags.

I cooked mine for 8-8 1/2 minutes.

No comments: